This is a continuation of a previous post, click here if you haven’t read it or if you don’t recall what it was about😉.
“It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
My journey of being a Jupeb candidate certainly wasn’t easy. There’ll be distractions on the way but you have to remain focused on what’s on the other side. Cause once you look back, you might just fall away.
I had to discipline myself and continually remind her of what was important. There’ll be friends calling you names, saying you’re the boring one, talking behind your back and just ignoring you like you’re not one of them. But in the end, it’s you that smiles last.
I’m happy to say I passed my Jupeb exams and made it over my mountain.🥳
To wrap up this post which now has three parts, I’m going to leave you some tips that’s helped me throughout this journey.
Tips On Climbing Your Mountain.
- Stay Focused: I know this is what you’ve heard over and over again but it’s a plain fact. If you lose your goal in mind, you’ve surrendered to your mountain already. Anytime you feel reluctant to make an effort in leveling that mountain, whatever it might be, remind yourself of what lies ahead–the big prize at the end.
- Ignore People’s Comments: don’t let anything anyone says weigh you down or affect you in anyway. By just being you, people will always say something to criticize you. Ignore them or they’ll distract you.
- Be diligent: laziness wont get you anywhere. Make efforts, push harder, turn the tables and do all you can to defeat that obstacle. Might be an exam? Well study hard, draw up a timetable and have a set goal on what you want to achieve. Don’t settle for less. “Aim for the stars and you’ll fall on the clouds; aim for the clouds and you’ll fall on the ground.”
- Have a Motivator: have someone or something to motivate you anytime you lose your zeal and start having second thoughts. Surround yourself with people that are in it to win it. Or have a motivation board drawn up. It could contain motivational words, bible verses or your past achievements. Anytime you feel like quitting, remember why you started.
- God: the last and the most important that helped me. Even if I read the whole of my textbooks, all I can say is, I wouldn’t have made it over without Him. He’s my rock. I don’t know if He’s yours yet but you’ll need Him to overcome any mountain that’s towering you. He’s a very present help to guide you as you go on.
Those are the major tips that really helped me on this journey. I met amazing people and learnt quite important stuffs. So I’m glad I took this way, I’m happy I overcame.
So now I can boldly say,
I came, I saw and I conquered.
Thank you so much for reading this! And thank you to those of you, who actually read the three parts. I hope you actually got something from reading them.
I’m hosting my second Q/A Session!!
Yesss! So it’s time to start dropping your questions before then. Only the ones submitted early enough will be answered so hurry now.
You can send your questions to me through any of these means:
-You could leave the question in the comment section.
-Visit the Contact Me page on the menu!
-if you want to stay anonymous, you could leave your question on my Sarahah➡️ here